Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary...

to US! Yep, today is our 8th anniversary! As I was running on the treadmill last night I was thinking about this anniversary and why it feels "extra special". I don't think there is any reason why it is any more special than any other anniversary, but I am very happy that I get that happy feeling thinking about it. I remembered back to our premarital counseling when the Pastor told us that two people "like us" can be happily married but it is rare. I have never cared to worry about what was truly meant but I think it probably meant that it is "rare" for 2 strong-willed, competitive, type A personality people to be happily married. I am not sure if that was supposed to make us back out of getting married or lower our expectations, but it did neither! It was merely one person's opinion based on a personality test. Our marriage is not perfect and I like that. I believe that "thinking" your marriage is perfect just puts you up for failure. I believe in team work and could not ask for a better man than Curt to be on this "team" with. I believe that marriage is not about HOH, who is the boss, etc. but rather team work at every level. Without this team work, I am not sure how a person would make it through a week, month, year, or even day for that matter. I am happy that Curt and I share so many of the same values and beliefs and that together, we can instill these into our children. These past 8 years have truly been the best years of my life! There are always trials and tribulations, but pulling through those as a team have made each of us and our marriage stronger. I know I am blessed to be sharing my life with such a wonderful, smart, caring, trusting, and handsome man and the fact that we "get" each other! I look forward to celebrating MANY more anniversaries with my love! No big plans for the anniversary, the little man has wrestling and I have meetings galore, but at least from 5:30pm on I will be with the man I adore!


Love you babe!  Melissa

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! Happy Anniversary, guys! That went by really fast! How did you find out what kind of personality you are? That would be interesting to find out.

    ReplyDelete