Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tonsil Time!

Trista and Curt have had strep a lot this year! I think Trista is up to 6 times since August but I have honestly lost count! Curt got erythema nodosum last spring/summer which was very nasty and can be caused by strep. Every time he has got strep since, the joint pain is coming back. Trista is missing lots of school and tired of being sick too, so her and Curt are getting their tonsils out on Wed. the 15th! Trista ended up with strep again this week! Luckily it was Monday so she had enough time to clear up for surgery. Both Trista and Curt are anxious for it to be over with but are not looking forward to the first few days. I think Trista will be back to normal long before Curt, but we'll see.

Here they are! Resting before their big day! We are stocked up on fluids, ice cream, popsicles, pudding, jello, etc. so we should be set! Wish us all luck! We are excited to be a tonsil-less household!

After they get their tonsils out, there will not be any tonsils left in this household. I had mine out without even knowing it (my parents didn't know it either). I had sinus surgery when I was 12 and apparantly the ENT thought I'd be better off without tonsils. I never had strep prior to or since then, but oh well! I just found out they were gone a few years ago and my mom was just as shocked as I was! Tanner is winning with the most surgeries in this house (not a good thing to win at). He has already had 6 surgeries (among all the other hospitalizations, flight for lifes, procedures) but he is doing amazing because of them. He had his tonsils and adenoids out 3 years ago due to his breathing problems. His operation was not elective and he has never had strep either, but he sure does breathe good!

We'll keep you updated on their recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment